Sunday, April 13, 2008

Super Saturday

Since Emerson arrived in October, our family's social life has changed dramatically. Steve and I used to have plans every weekend. Since Emy arrived, we might have social plans once a month. Yesterday was one of those days that every social invitation happened to fall on. Since none of the events overlapped, we accepted all the invitations. Needless to say, Saturday was a whirlwind.

Our day started at 7am as usual. We got up, fed Emy and then instead of having our breakfast and family playtime, Steve and I had to get dressed and hustle out the door at 7:45. We ran in the Victory over Violence 5k that started at 8:30. The weather was perfect for a run. Steve and I used to run all the time, but this was the first race we had run together since training for the Houston marathon several years ago. We had a bunch of fun and actually made pretty good time. Emerson slept through the entire race and woke up at the end in time to meet some of Steve's coworkers.

When the race was over we rushed home so that I could shower and be out the door 45 minutes later. I went to a baby shower for one of my college friends. The shower was so fun and it was great to see so many friends that I had not seen in months. Two of the girls brought their new baby girls. They are both precious and I am so glad that I got to meet them.

I got home in time for Steve to leave 5 minutes later to go to yet another charity event. Steve came home a couple hours later. Here is when we got to stop and breath for a couple hours. We put Emerson to bed later that evening as we normally would. At 7:45pm, our friends came over to babysit so that Steve and I could go to a birthday party at Joe T Garcia's. (Yum!) This was the first time that we had been out at night without Emy. Even though I completely trust our friends, I was so nervous to leave Emerson. I was not nervous that anything would go wrong, I was just afraid that she was going to wake up at some point and not be able to go back to sleep because we were not there. Thankfully, that was not the case. A few hours later we got home to the report that she had not made a peep the entire time we were gone. Hallelujah! Oh, and for those of you that are wondering- Steve and I had a wonderful time. Thanks Jen and Justin for giving us a much needed night out!

After church this morning, we spent the remainder of the day "recovering" from yesterday. It was so wonderful to be able to have a lazy Sunday with Emy and Steve. It was the perfect ending to a great weekend.



Erin said...

what a fun Saturday Sab! And that was good practice for Jen & Justin :) I'm glad Emy is sleeping so well, I bet that makes your life so much easier...high five Emerson!