Thursday, August 27, 2009

9 random things

There have been so many moments with Emerson in the past couple weeks that I have wanted to blog about. I wish I had a great excuse but the truth is I just keep forgetting. By the end of the day my brain is fried and I am exhausted. Does anyone else feel like this?

Anyways, I am going to try to remember as many of those moments as possible and put them all into this post:) I apologize ahead of time about the randomness.

1. Emerson finally figured out how to say "hi". She is so proud of herself and keeps peaking around corners to say "hi" and then runs out of the room again only to come right back in to say "hi" again.

2. She is really into opening and slamming doors right now. I really hope that this is just a phase that she likes because she just learned to open and shut. It is pretty bareable except for one particular door. There have already been several time outs from this one door.

3. Emys favorite song is "The wheels on the bus". She is learning the motions. Her favorite motion is the babies crying "wah wah wah" and rubbing her eyes. She runs around saying "wah wah wah" and then follows that immediately with "ssh ssh ssh" (the mommies). It is really cute

While I was typing about the song a door just shut.

4. She is still in love with her baby. There were a couple weeks that baby had a little break but it is definitely back to baby. Emerson's current favorite activity with baby is swinging with her. Since our new swingset has 2 infant swings, Emy sits in one and baby sits in the other.

5. Emerson is starting school next week. She will be going Wednesdays and Fridays from 9-12. I am starting to freak out. There will (hopefully) be an entire post about this tomorrow.

6. We finished swim class today. Praise the Lord. It was a complete beatdown. I will be thinking long and hard about taking it next summer.

7. As I type this Emerson is sitting in the rocking chair, watching Sesame Street, sucking her thumb for what I think is the first time. I hope she doesn't suck until she is much older than she should (like her mommy).

8. Emerson has always been a great eater. Loved to try new foods, enjoyed foods that most kids didn't, ate all her meals, etc. However, she is now a typical toddler- picking at her meals and won't eat anything unless you bribe her. I can make up a meal of her favorite foods and she will just pick at it. For example, for lunch today she ate 1/2 of a chicken nugget, 2 slices of cheese and 1 bite of peas. This really annoys me but I know it will pass and she will eat when she is hungry.

9. Emy had her first bank-teller lollipop today. Of course, it was blue- the messiest of all colors. And, because I cannot post without pics of Emy, here are some pictures of the moment...










Photobucket

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Girl, you are so close to having a two-year-old. I can't believe it.

Amy said...

Love the blue lipstick.

allison said...

the blue looks beautiful on her!!! :) good luck with school!!!