Finding time to blog with a newborn and a toddler is hard (even with all the help I have)! Anyways, here is a quick post to share some tidbits for record keeping sake and pictures for those of you who have been patiently waiting... And, because I am so tired, these are in no particular order:)
These hands are so precious!
- Emerson is absolutely in love with Ashton. All she wants to do is be near him and hold him. All I hear is "Mommy, he is smiling at me", "Mommy, I love him so much", "Mommy, he is so cute", etc. It is absolutely precious.
- When Emerson first came to the hospital to meet Ashton, she was holding him and looked up at me with the sweetest face and said, "Mommy, I LOVE his hair". It was something I will never forget.
- Ashton went home from the hospital on Wednesday weighing 8lbs 5oz. At his weight check on Friday he was up to 8lbs 10oz...He is such a good eater!
- Breastfeeding is going so well and it absolutely thrills me. It was such a trainwreck with Emerson and I totally beat myself up for it until I came to grips with formula being okay for her needs. This go round, I decided to be much easier on myself and just go with it...if it worked then great and if not then that was fine too. It is such a pleasant surprise that it is working!
- Ashton is a great baby. He sleeps, eats and has contented awake time. The only time he fusses is if he has a gassy tummy or is hungry. I think his favorite thing to do (other than eat) is to watch his sister.
- Having a boy is just joyful. I am so much more in love with him than I thought I could be. I knew I wanted a boy one day but I mainly thought that it was just because I didn't want all girls. When we found out it was a boy, I was genuinely excited but also nervous. I love our princess-y girly girl so much that I was afraid I would not know how to love or appreciate a boy. He totally has me wrapped around his finger already.
- Steve has been such an amazing help so far. I remember him being helpful with Emerson, but the helping out has been brought to a new level this time. Whenever I ask for anything at all, he does it and without question. There is nothing like loving your spouse and feeling their love in this postpartum phase.
- Emersons current favorite game is to play nurse. She visited me so often in the hospital that she just picked up on what it is to be a nurse. Here is how the game goes: Let's say I am in the nursery feeding Ashton, she will pop her head in and say "If you need anything, just let me know" and then leaves the room. When she is gone, I will say out loud "Nurse Emerson, I need some _____". She hears me over the baby monitor. She comes SPRINTING in the room with whatever I requested. She hands it to me and then as she leaves the room she says, "Okay, if you need anything else just let me know". It is such a sweet and funny game and I love to see how much she enjoys it. She really is a helper at heart.
That is all I can remember right now. Time to give Ashton his first bath and get to bed!