Monday, March 10, 2008

Marvelous Monday

Mondays always mean a fresh start for me. Steve gives me a little bit of a break on the weekends so that I can catch up on sleep, errands and "me-time". So come Monday I feel refreshed and ready to conquer the stay-at-home mom world. I always start the week with this frame of mind that I am going to try my best to be super mom and wife. Mondays are normally great and then things go downhill as the week goes on. Today I managed to straighten the house, run a few errands, get to the gym AND cook dinner! The last point is the biggest accomplishment of all. Steve comes home from work this evening and I feel like a rockstar. Everything (well almost everything) is in its place, the house smells of yummy crockpot fixins and Emy is smiley and chatty. What a sight to come home to. Then the evening hits.

We go through the normal routine of putting Emy to sleep...Bath, lotion, bottle, story, rocking and bedtime. However, for whatever reason, Emerson wants nothing to do with this. Normally, by the end of the story she has passed out on me and I deposit her into the crib and all is good. Tonight, I finish the story and she just looks up at me with wide eyes and a smile- great, this is not a good sign. Needless to say, she has only been "asleep" for an hour and we have had to go in to her room to soothe her back to sleep 3, scratch that-4, times. Say your prayers- tonight is going to be a long one.

Love,
Sabrina

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, I thought about yall tonight...the kids and I went through the baby's things again, getting all excited for her to come and Hunter asked me if we could keep her bassinet in his room so he could put her back to sleep when she wokr up at night...I told him that my friend Sabrina would love if he could come stay at her house for a while...I'm guessing tonight would be a good night for that :)

J A Hynek said...

Tip to the new mommy.....if you get one thing accomplished during the day (besides taking care of the baby and maybe making a simple dinner) then you have done a great deal. Whether this one thing is laundry, vacuuming, paying bills, whatever.....it doesn't matter. If you aren't getting a nap in when the baby is sleeping, then you need to make time for that too. It's OK to let some of the house work slide if you need the sleep. No one in their right mind expects mommies with children under the age of 12 months to have an immaculate house. It gets easier with a bit of time and you find your stride and schedule. HUGS!!